Where do you use your library card? Chesterfield County Public Library is a member of SC LENDS consortium, meaning we share our resources, providing you with access to over 2.5 million library materials. SC LENDS, which stands for South Carolina Library Evergreen Network Delivery System, is an open-source integrated library system (ILS), which, allows us to manage transferring books between the 52 participating libraries. We share a single catalog, and any of our library users can search for items at any of the 52 libraries as easily as they search for items in our home library. Requesting items is as simple as clicking a button. Within a few days, any circulating item can be delivered from any SC LENDS library across the state. Your library card can also be used in any participating library across the state of South Carolina – just walk in browse their libraries, and check out what you want! You can return library resources to any participating library, as well.
The following libraries have joined SC LENDS so the next time you’re in one of these locations, check them out: Allendale- Hampton- Jasper Regional Library, Anderson County Library, Beaufort County Library, Calhoun County Library, Chesterfield County Library, Colleton County Library, Dorchester County Library, Fairfield, County Library, Florence County Library, Kershaw County Library, The South Carolina State Library, Union County Carnegie Library, Williamsburg County Library and the York County Library.
What all does this mean for you, as a library user?
- It means that you have access through your SCLends card to more than 2.5 million items, including books, videos, audiotapes and more.
- It means that there are many new features in the online public catalog that you can access from any Internet access computer. Many of these features are only available after you log into the "My Account" feature.
- You will need to establish a password the first time you access "My Account":
- Click on My Account. It is located at the bottom of the initial screen or on the left navigation pane after the initial screen. You will get a security page the first time. Just click through it.
- Enter your CCL library card 13-digit barcode number in the Username space.
- Enter the last four digits of your phone number for your password. If you’ve had your card more than a month, you may have already been assigned a randomly selected password, just ask what that is next time you’re in the library or give us a call.
- Click on Login.
- The first time you log on to "My Account", you’ll be prompted to change your password to a number/letter combination of your choosing. Your password must be at least 7 alphanumeric digits long. It is case-sensitive.
- Don’t hesitate to call and ask for help if you have any questions. We’re here to help you!
Upcoming events at the library include, our continuing computer classes for seniors, the Lunch In the Stacks event on September 29 – tickets are $8.50, call to reserve your ticket today! Storytelling event with Felicia Fleming McCall on September 28th at Matheson Branch and on October 1, at 11:45 and 1:00 at the Chesterfield Branch. October 7th, Brown Bag Lunch N’ Lecture Series continues with Elizabeth Dutton, sharing her newest book, 1,033 Reasons to Smile. By the way, if you don't read her blog, you need to check it out.
Thanks for reading with us! We’ll see you “in the Stacks!”